Winning in Amber Valley: Week 2
We’re another week into the campaign, and what an incredible week it’s been. We’ve spoken to hundreds of people on the doorstep and at the street stalls, and had thousands of people share our campaign on social media.
This week on the campaign trail, we have:
- Published a video on the environment, discussing climate change and flooding in the constituency (see below);
- Talked online about registering to vote, particularly noting the importance that young people have their say;
- Celebrated the launch of the Labour manifesto in Heanor, discussing how Labour will pay for the most radical manifesto in history;
- Explained how we’ll break the Brexit deadlock to residents in Langley Mill – a new deal, focussed on workers’ rights, within 3 months, and then put that deal to the public within 6 months;
- Talked to the team at Printscene in Somercotes about the importance of supporting local businesses as we collected our leaflets for the remainder of the campaign;
- Stood in the town centre of Heanor explaining how Labour will transform our town centres with our five point plan to rebuild Britain;
- Talked to residents in Riddings and Ripley about how Amber Valley Labour group are working for the community, planting trees following the declaration of a climate emergency and protecting our green belt;
- Took a break at the Alfreton Christmas lights switch-on; and
- Climbed the hills of Ironville to discuss Labour’s proposals for the women born in the 1950s who had their pension age raised drastically with no warning a few years ago.