Winning in Amber Valley: Week 1
We’ve had a brilliant first week and very many thanks to those who have already been out to help us win in Amber Valley. Print deadlines were met, doors were knocked and we all got a bit wet. Despite the damp, we’ve had a brilliant response so far on the doorstep and at the street stall, and are seeing a lot of people moving our way.
This week we have:
- Knocked doors in Codnor and discussed how Labour is going to fix the NHS and social care with a programme of radical investment;
- Picked litter in Waingroves, discussing local issues with roads and traffic in the area;
- Knocked doors in Alfreton and talked about how Amber Valley needs an MP who will work for the community and not just sit around in parliament playing mobile games;
- Been drizzled on in the centre of Alfreton and talked to ordinary people about how we’re going to pay for our wealth of brilliant proposals by cracking down on tax avoidance by multinational tech companies;
- Hiked through Heanor talking about the benefits of full-fibre broadband, free at the point of use for everyone in the UK;
- Recorded a video on the environment and flooding in Ambergate (watch out for this one soon); and
- Hiked through Heanor again and discussed the devastating cuts that the Conservatives have made in government to the education sector and how much damage these have caused.
Big week – onwards and upwards into the next one!